IIM Indore IPM 2020: Integrated Program in Management Aptitude Test (IPMAT) is conducted by the Indian Institute of Management Indore.IIM Indore IPM 2020 – Exam Details, Online IPM Coaching Classes– The national level test is a gateway for admission to the 5 year Integrated Program in Management offered at IIM Indore. IPMAT 2020 schedule has not been released yet. In 2019, the examination was conducted in computer-based mode on May , 2019.
Get detailed information about all IPMAT 2020 important dates such as exam date, registration date, application date, result date It is our business to ensure that you never miss a single exam date or an update on IPMAT 2020 exam!
IPM is aimed at students who have passed out of class XII/Higher Secondary or equivalent from schools across India.
Learning goals for the first three years of the programme:
The IPM will enable students to:
1. Demonstrate language skills
2. Demonstrate oral communication skills
3. Demonstrate knowledge of foundational subjects for management studies
4. Demonstrate an awareness of ethical understanding
5. Enhance physical well-being
Learning goals of the last two years
Last two years of the programme are at Post-graduate level and the IPM students are mixed with the PGP programme students and they go through the same set of courses as the PGP programme. Hence the learning goals for these two years are the same as that of the PGP Programme. These goals are:
6. Enable students to understand relevance of context in business
7. Develop social consciousness
8. Develop critical thinking skills
9. Inculcate integrative thinking ability
10. Promote interpersonal awareness and ability to work in groups
11. Enable students to learn how to apply the basic principles of communication in order to write effective business messages, case analysis and reports.
12. Develop competence in quantitative analysis
13. Prepare business leaders with a sound understanding of ethics
The Programme consists of 15 terms spread over a period of 5 years, with each year having 3 terms of 3 months. IPM is in two parts. The first three years build a foundation, and the last two years focus on management.
The foundation has three major elements Courses In:
- Mathematics, Statistics and Economics build analytical rigour.
- Psychology, Sociology and Political Science along with courses in Economics provide an understanding of the core disciplines on which the study of management is based.
- Humanities, Literature and Fine Arts provide breadth and perspective.
A combination of analytical rigour and wide exposure equips IPM students for leadership roles and positions of responsibility in different sectors.
After 3 years of intensive study of foundational disciplines, the IPM students train as managers along with the students of the Institute’s 2-year Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP), undertaking the same course package in management studies in years 4 and 5.
IPM students are required to complete a social internship at the end of year 3, and a business internship between years 4 and 5. This experiential learning inculcates leadership qualities in them and hones their managerial skills further.
The Indian Institutes of Management Act 2017 came into force from January 31, 2018. Subject to approvals, participants enrolling in IPM 2018 will be eligible for award of a dual degree on successful completion of programme requirements.
Courses Offered in First 3 Years
Mathematics, Statistics, Economics
- Foundation Courses in Maths & Statistics
- Game Theory
- Stochastic Modelling
- Spreadsheet Modelling
- Mathematical Modelling
- Micro and Macro-economics
- Indian Economy
- Money, Banking and Finance
- International Trade
Psychology, Sociology, Political Science, Foundations of Management
- Introduction to Sociology & Psychology
- India & World Politics
- Public Administration
- International Relations
- Business, Government and Society
- Business History
- Principles of Management
- Languages: English, French, Spanish, German
- Communication & Presentation Skills
- Dance, Music
Courses Offered at PGP Level
(Same as PGP Curriculum)
- Finance & Accounting
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Information Systems
- OB & HR
- Operations Management & Quantitative Techniques
- Rural Immersion Programme
- Himalaya Outbound Programme
- Industry Visit Workshop
- Other Optional Workshops
Fees and Accommodation
The course fee for resident Indians for the first three years of the IPM would be Rs. 4,00,000/- (Rupees four lakh) per annum and Rs. 6,00,000/- (Rupees six lakh) per annum for Non Resident Indian (NRI) and Overseas Citizen of India (OCI). Course fee for the fourth and fifth years would be as per prevailing Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP) fees. The course fee includes lodging, access to lectures, internet facilities and library.
Accommodation would be arranged on sharing basis for the first three years of IPM. Single room accommodation would be made available for the fourth and fifth years of the Programme.
IIM Indore has always been cognizant of an institute’s role in shaping the thought processes of
its students and has, therefore, made social sensitivity a mainstay of its residential programmes.
The IPM students are required to complete a social internship at the end of year 3.
In addition to the Social Internship, IPM students do a business internship along with the PGP students between years 4 & 5.
The students undergo a rigorous selection process:
- An application form aimed at understanding the students’ proficiency in academics, as well as in co-curricular activities is filled up by the aspirant.
- An entrance examination follows, to test the applicant’s aptitude, logical reasoning and proficiency in English and Mathematics.
- Shortlisted candidates appear for personal interviews. The interview panel comprises well–qualified professors from IIM Indore and other prestigious institutions. The interview judges the students’ level of confidence, communication skills, general awareness, persuasion skills and knowledge.
IIM Indore admits about 120 students to the IPM every year.
IIM Indore has a well-qualified faculty across academic disciplines. IPM students are taught by a mix of resident and eminent visiting faculty, resource persons from renowned colleges/institutes and industry experts.
Apart from academic programmes, the IPM participants are exposed to various extra-curricular activities in order to inculcate in them leadership qualities and managerial skills. The IPM participants have formed several Clubs/Committees through which they complement their academic activities.
The dates for 2020 exam are yet to be out. Given above are the dates of last year’s exam for reference purpose only. The dates will be updated for the upcoming exam soon after the schedule is out.
The exam is conducted in computer-based mode. It was held in a computer-based mode for the first time in 2016. Prior to that, the exam was conducted in a paper-pencil mode.
Candidates who clear the examination will further be called in for the personal interview rounds. The final selection of students shall be done thereafter. The program is spread across a period of 5 years, and consists of 15 terms. Every year constitutes of 3 terms of 3 months duration.
Note: The data mentioned in the article is taken from last year’s exam. The exact dates, application fee and any other detail, if changes, will be updated here.