TISSNET 2020 Preparation – Every year, the TISS exam takes place in January for the new academic session. So, candidates who have decided to appear for M.A Programme in TISS institute must start their preparation soon. The TISSNET 2020 Preparation is not that much strenuous if you are already preparing for other management exams. Even, non-management exam students can easily prepare by referring a good aptitude book. The exam is easy but the fewer number of seats in the course makes the exam tough nut to crack. In order to clear the exam, you must practice TISS difficult level questions more and more. Additionally, keep maintaining the accuracy to clear the exam. Even more, for TISSNET 2020 Preparation focus on the general knowledge part to secure a good percentile in the exam. Here in this article, you will find TISSNET 2020 Preparation tips and strategies to crack the exam.
TISSNET 2020 Preparation
Most of the candidates easily able to attempt the English and mathematics section in the exam. The section which troubles the most is the GK section. So, you must start preparing for this section as soon as possible. As other two sections will be automatically prepared if you are taking exams like CAT, XAT, NMAT etc. Non-Management exam students can also crack quant and logical by preparing diligently.
In the exam, there are 100 questions of one mark each with no negative marking. Moreover, the paper is divided into three sections comprising of General Awareness, English Proficiency, Mathematics with 40, 30, 30 questions respectively. Candidates have to complete the test in 1 Hour & 40 Minutes. The GK can be attempted in 10-15 minutes, while 30 minutes for English and rest of the time for Maths.
To download the TISSNET 2020 Syllabus, Click Here.
How to Prepare for TISSNET General Knowledge
It is easy to get 30+ in this section if you reading newspapers daily and tracking the latest news regularly. It is not easy to read and remember all the topics due to the vastness of syllabus. What you can do is learn bit by bit daily and revising regularly. Chances are high that in the exam you get the idea of right answers after analyzing all the options of the questions.
Read News Paper Regularly
- To keep updated with the latest news, you need to read newspapers regularly. If you don’t have the time for the hard copy then download the news apps on the phones. You can read the newspapers in your meantime or in traveling time. Nowadays, you can also access the audio service of various newspapers.
- If you are following a news then read about it regularly.
- Note down the important event details like important dates, the name of the person in news, awards and honors etc. These notes you can revise before the exam to keep everything fresh.
- You can read newspapers like The Hindu, The Indian Express, The Economist etc.
- Download their apps or “In shorts” is also a good app to know the latest news.
“Read current Affairs from January 2018 to December 2018”
- Pick any topic and access all the information related to it on the internet. For example, take one or two days and read all about World organizations.
- Take any static GK book and read important rivers etc.
- Read stats like largest and smallest, first invention etc.
- Make notes of them to revise before the examination day.
Books to refer for GK section
- For History, Geography and Science, you can refer the 6-10 standard NCERT’s.
- Economics, government policies, read magazines like Pratiyogita Darpan Special Economics Issue.
- Read other magazines like chronicles, Lucent etc.